Pipette Training: The basics of pipetting use are useful for both novices and experienced individuals. It is very easy when under pressure from intense pipetting workloads to forget the simple principles that ensures the right results.
There is lots of advice in the literature and on the Internet with respect to training. There are also companies who undertake training courses and provide instruction on correct techniques and the principles of fluid dynamics and product design behind these. Thee courses also instruct on pipette calibration techniques.
We have listed some of the more useful links below that relate to pipette
training and principles of correct pipette handling.
- Accutek Laboratories - Guide to Pipetting
- Thermo - Finnpipette - Guide to Pipetting
- Swedish Document - Guide to Pipetting
- Artel Advice - Guide to Pipetting
OTHER (factors affecting accuracy and precision)
- Pipetting ergonomics - UCLA
- Pipette ergonomics - Biohit applications notes
- WURLD with Pipettes - The Safety Net
- In case of emergency - Break Glass. Pipette Advice
Please send us more links through the enquiry form.
Pipette Training and Calibration Videos
This video is from the excellent Biohit "Pipetting Academy" which is a course run by Biohit companies and their dealers. Visit website.
Other more specialised courses are run by service companies for specific repair and calibration of all makes and models of pipette. These are more tailored toward companies or laboratory technicians who will be looking after a laboratory's pipettes on a regular basis.